Well, I started this blog, then couldn't figure out what to do with it. I know now.
My thoughts run rampant in my head. I need a place to purge, to think, to see where I was and where I am going. A journey blog.
So I recently discovered that I am right now, not an evangelical Christian. I am into the Word. The bible. Just the bible. Just the words in the bible and how they all go together. How one scripture leads to another, how one confirms the former. I am not into the "how does this make you feel?" "how should I apply this to my life?" Don't get me wrong, I think that the bible all life applicable, but right now the more I study the history, the words, the bible, the more the life application is evident. I don't have to ask. Most of the questions that are asked of me about a particular scriptures frankly irritate me right now. For example, questions like, how has God worked in your life when you were in a tough situation? how should we use this example as how to pray in our lives? etc.... I wan to ask what does this word mean, is it other places in the bible, who is the audience, why was this important to them? Not because I think the questions are bad, they just feel like questions I could ask without ever opening a bible. I don't know, it's just where I am right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment