Friday, June 3, 2011

So here it goes...

I am on a journey. A spiritual journey. I am a questioner by nature, a natural "devil's advocate" (no pun intended), and need an outlet to express thoughts, questions, answers and hopefully spread the Truth that I find. You see, organized religion has always bothered me. I never really got it. Why church? Why the Bible? Why Christmas? What Easter? Why some commandments and not others? I am a believer. I believe that Jesus is my savior; that He died for me and because of that my sin is forgiven. I believe that. I get that. It's when the church gets in the way that I don't understand. I am on a journey for the Truth.

I was driving today, on my way to pick up my two small boys (4 and 2 years) and started thinking about how I was going to explain and teach them about Jesus, YAHWEH, life, persecution, standing up for what they believe in. How am I going to explain these BIG concepts to Little boys? Prayer is amazing. It popped into my head (Holy Spirit) to just say it, plainly, not to make it complicated, because it's not. The concept is easy, it's the living it that's SO hard.

Here is what I have come up with - so far....(as far as explaining why we do things different than other people who believe in Jesus)

We believe that Jesus came and died for our sins. That when he died he took my sin away and if we believe that we will have life with YAHWEH after we die. BUT we also believe that YAHWEH has a way in which he wants us to live, not to be saved from sin, but to be holy and righteous. A way to live that makes us closer to HIM. AND if we stand up for what HE deemed holy, right and clean - then DO it in spite of what the world says, when that day comes we will walk closer with HIM and our reward will be greater.

So that is the journey I am on. To walk in a holy and righteous way, set forth by the BIBLE, not the church or church doctrine. Trust me I have WAAAYYYY more questions than answers, but for once. It all seems easy, simple. The plan is spelled out - I just have to DO it - now that's the hard part, that's the FAITH.

1 comment:

  1. We're excited to grow deeper in knowledge too. We also have many questions and are growing in our understanding of the Word and our faith every day. I don't ever want to stand still or just simply follow those around me for the sake of following others. My greatest desire is to grow closer to the Lord. Praying for your journey!

    ReplyDelete